Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
1. Turn your RACER body paragraph into the homework file in the
2. Pick up a Gettysburg Address Essay Peer Review Worksheet from
the front table.
3. Get out your Gettysburg Address Essay rough draft.
Peer Review Worksheet (45 min)
1. Trade essay rough drafts with a partner.
2. Quietly read your partner’s essay and complete the Gettysburg
Address Essay Peer Review Worksheet.
3. When you are finished completing the worksheet, staple it to the
rough draft and give it back to your partner.
Setting up MLA Style
• Get a laptop from the cart.
• Sign in using your student ID and password.
If your student ID isn’t 10 digits, add zeroes to the front to make
it 10 digits long.
If you have never logged in before, your password is
• Once you are logged in, please wait for instruction.
In the event that we do not have enough laptops for the class, some
students will need to share.
• Times New Roman, 12pt font
• Double spaced lines
• Header: Last Name, Page #
• Heading Elements: First and Last
Name, Teacher Name, Class
• Essay Title
• Indented Paragraphs
• Incorporate any missing
elements and points of
improvement into your essay.
• Reread for clarity and cohesion,
and revise where necessary.
• When you are satisfied that you
have completed all of the
requirements and that your
essay is well-composed, type
your final draft in MLA style.
• Written in MLA Style
• 5 paragraphs (intro, 3 body paragraphs,
• A hook/grabber and a well-written thesis
statement in the introduction
• A rephrasing of the thesis statement and
zinger in the conclusion
• Effective use of transitions to connect ideas
between and within paragraphs
• Each body paragraph follows the RACER
strategy for organizing ideas
• See the Gettysburg Address Essay Peer
Review Worksheet for the full checklist of