Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Questions for Listening Experiment:
The Organization The “World”: LGBT Film & Media Arts
• Who is talking about us? • What else is going on in the world?
• What are they saying? • Who are the major players?
• Where are they saying it? • What’s the content?
Google Alert Keywords:
• Frameline Co-Tweet Saved Searches:
• Frameline34 OR San Francisco • Frameline OR "San Francisco
International LGBT Film Festival International LGBT Film Festival"
• gay OR lesbian OR bisexual OR • Frameline34
transgender OR LGBT OR queer film
• "Youth In Motion" Twitter Lists:
• Distribution / Educational
Blogs Followed: • Community Partners
• IndieWire • Celebrities
• Towleroad • Film Festivals & Film News
• GLAAD Blog
What We “Heard”:
• Filmmakers posting about their films
• News articles about specific films, mentioning screening at Frameline
• News articles about festival (blogs, local papers, etc.)
• Articles & tidbits about LGBT films, celebrities, etc.
• Things that we’ve posted (YouTube, blog, etc.)
• Junk: camera lenses & tech equipment, other organizations/companies,
How We’ve Used This Information:
• Tracked press clippings
• Reposted articles on E-News, Facebook, and Twitter
• Created blog: http://blog.frameline.org
• Engaged more with Twitter followers
Next Steps / Future Uses:
• Refine search terms further, weed out junk
• Look further at peer organizations’ strategies (ie. Outfest, local film fests)
• Build success of blog
• Support for programming (what films are we aware of?)
• Rethink festival program release timing
• Consider how to continue engagement in non-festival season
• Consider how to use listening to help shape or influence programs